When you visit HOPE, you are likely to be met at one of the doors by Pastor David and his wife Christine. Their goal is to make you feel welcome and comfortable.
We know that searching for a new church can be overwhelming and there are things that you might like to know before ever visiting. Let us address some of those for you in advance. You can also find more on our FAQ page.
- I’m new, will I feel out of place? You won’t be the only new person because HOPE Baptist was newly formed in 2017. Everyone you see ushering, greeting, singing, and serving are also new to our church! We are all just looking for a way to make a difference in this community and share the hope of Jesus Christ.
- What kind of people go to church there? We are all just regular people, who have typical struggles. No one here is perfect, nor do we pretend to be; that’s probably why we make such a close family. Our diverse congregation of believers come from all walks of life, but are united and encouraged in the love of God.
- I’m not a religious person. Neither are we. We are focused on a relationship, not religion. We just have a genuine love for our Lord and want to build a real authentic relationship with Him. We believe that this love transforms our lives as we grow closer to our Savior Jesus Christ, knowing that He is the ultimate reason for our hope.
- I want to know what you believe. We believe in the word of God. We believe and study the Bible; and we use it as the foundation for our hope, growth, and unity. Where the Bible speaks, we speak. Where the Bible is silent, we’re silent.
- What will the preaching be like? Pastor David preaches chapter by chapter and verse by verse. His method of expository preaching explains the history, purpose, and meaning of the Word. He uses the Bible to prove the Bible! The pulpit is not used for opinions. There is no ranting and raving. Just preaching and teaching. Pastor does this in terms that you’ll understand and be able to connect to your everyday struggles in life. It doesn’t matter if you are a Boomer, Gen X or Y, a Millennial or even Gen Z, the Word can and does apply to all of us and it changes lives!